- Assisting patients to become as independent as possible by giving the appropriate level of support
- Ensuring adequate nutritional intake and hydration
- Assisting with basic patient care duties
- Maintaining the ward/department environment to promote good infection control and health and safety at work.
- Participating in discussion about patient care and ward/departmental development, including handover and team meetings.
- Undertaking a range of administrative and clerical tasks associated with patient care to facilitate the smooth running of the ward/department
- You must comply with all hospital policy’s in relation to Infection Prevention and Control. Every employee has a responsibility to know how to reduce infection in their role.
- Communicating clearly and appropriately with patients, their relatives / friends colleagues and all other members of the multidisciplinary team including responding to queries, answering the phone, taking messages and passing on written and verbal information to patients.
- Observe the appropriate lines of authority.
- Demonstrate flexibility by assisting in all areas of the hospital/clinic as required.
- Assists in orientation of new personnel.
- Fetac Level 5 Healthcare support course
- Have at least 1-3 years’ experience in a relevant care setting.
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to execute tasks assigned
- Ability to work well under pressure