- The provision and delivery of a child and family centered Phlebotomy service.
- The provision of phlebotomy in OPD clinic and ward settings
- Competent in performing blood draws and collecting venous and blood samples from children/young people.
- Ensuring the service is provided and delivered in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assisting in writing, maintaining and applying CHI guidelines relating to phlebotomy practice
- Observing precautions and safety procedures as recommended for phlebotomy practice.
- Staff nurse with phlebotomy and/or cannulation experience
- Hold an accredited health care qualification at QQI Level 6 or higher, awarded by Quality & Qualifications Ireland (QQI),
- Hold the certificate in Phlebotomy from DIT/National Ambulance College (Level 7) or its equivalent Phlebotomy qualification
- Current experience in Paediatric Phlebotomy.
- Previous experience in a healthcare environment.
- Be registered (or be entitled to be registered) in the general and/or paediatric division of the live register maintained by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland.
- Experience in performing cannulation