- Accountability. The SQL Server Administrator is responsible for the overall implementation, configuration, administration, maintenance and monitoring across our production databases, ensuring the databases deliver optimum availability and performance for intensive operations during core business hours.
- Accountability. Administering over 50 databases, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Servers operational readiness (security, health and performance) and work with multiple Development, Application Support and BI teams.
- Technical leadership. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent eye for detail and sound interpersonal and communication skills.
· Minimum 4 years’ experience administering SQL Server databases in production environments
· Excellent database profiling and complex query tuning and schema refinement performance tuning skills
· Experience with administering backups, restores and recovery models and monitoring for backup failures
· Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
· Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours as required.
· Strong database design, development, and troubleshooting skills with relational databases.
· Strong performance testing skills and awareness of best practice industry techniques in relation to load, and performance testing.
· Ability to create and maintain concise, accurate, and accessible technical documentation.
· Setting up and administering ETL processes, data pipelines and ingesting data