The principal duties of the Network Engineer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Contribute to and complete relevant project artefacts for large network focused projects
(High Level Design, Low Level Design, Change Requests and Acceptance into Service
- Review project designs and change requests to ensure business requirements have been
met and designs are in line with NTA strategy and standards;
- Work with third party providers to implement solutions for network projects;
- Conduct reviews of NTA and Transport operators networks, document ‘as is’ and proposed
‘to be’ scenarios; producing ROM costs; promoting enhanced resilience, security and cost
- Provide input to the development and promotion of technical standards;
- Create and maintain Network documentation;
- Provide Knowledge transfer & training to relevant teams; and
- Provide 3rd level operational network & security support.
Note: The functions and responsibilities initially assigned to the position(s) are based on the current organisational requirements and may be changed from time to time.