- Leader in the mainframe space. Ability to articulate and document mainframe product roadmap and bring a team on that journey.
- Provides thought leadership and Technical Architect support for HW and SW solutions
- Experience in the wider IT infrastructure and the interfaces with the z/OS platform (APIs/CICD software development pipelines/Linux)
- The ability to translate product roadmaps to real business value.
- 5+ years’ relevant technical experience
- An Arts/Science degree or STEM qualification advantageous.
- Responsible for implementing all or part of technical solution in accordance with an agreed technical design and GM standards.
- Provides technical support and input on the application of technology to a defined business segment.
- Proactively identify opportunities for automation and own through to implementation.
- Ensures project learning’s are documented and shared.
- Experienced in troubleshooting, researching, and resolving multipart issues.
- Owns and produces documentation. Ability to translate technical details into concise and easy to understand written form.
- Established as Product SME and/or established as Product specialist
- Ability to support systems in a 24×7 on-call rotation.
- Vendor interaction experience (including experienced in searching their knowledge databases).
- Observe mainframe standards and audit requirements.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Cross company collaboration with one team mindset
- Working knowledge and skills with the standard z/OS tools. Db2 and/or IMS knowledge and experience advantageous.
- Knowledge of SMP/E (commands, terminology, problem determination). Ability to use SMP/E to apply maintenance, perform installs, and maintain SMP/E environments.
- Knowledge with REXX, CLIST, ASSEMBLER, PYTHON, or other relevant mainframe programming with examples of code available on request.
- Working knowledge and skills with RACF.
- Demonstrable understanding of the z/OS subsystems, DASD Storage concepts and the command usage relating to these system components. Includes knowledge of job submission, priority, and performance with WLM in a z/OS system.