- Provide safe, comprehensive nursing care to residents within the guidelines specified by the NMBI and HIQA.
- Develop and document person centred care plans updating the written plan of care on an on-going basis based on resident needs.
- Establish care priorities based on nursing/medical patient problems.
- Collaborate with the wider clinical team in the treatment and care planning of residents through the co-ordination of care and treatments provided by other disciplines and integrating these into care plans.
- Know and practice according to established legal requirements policy and procedures.
- Perform procedures accurately, completely and safely maintaining a safe environment for patients.
- Respect the dignity and confidentiality of patients, serving as an advocate where necessary.
- Follow appropriate lines of authority by discussing issues firstly with Clinical Nurse Manager and then with the Director of Nursing. Report on-going problems to CNM/Charge Nurse.
- Communicate appropriately with residents, their families, next of kin, colleagues and other members of the clinical team.
- Be registered on the General Division of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI).
- Be flexible in relation to their work pattern and assigned unit of care.
- Have a clear, open and friendly communication style with the ability to respond quickly and appropriately across a variety of situations.
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Have proven clinical experience, a clear commitment to person-centred care, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Have fluent spoken and written English.