- Clinically screen all prescriptions for appropriateness of treatment. Liaise with hospital prescribers on prescription queries, request ongoing prescriptions monthly.
- Set up new patients, organise drug delivery, fridge, pump and ancillaries as required.
- Counsel patients on their medications and support with queries. Liaise with medical information departments as required. Respond to medication related queries from both patients and other healthcare professionals.
- Work with the team of nurses, quality, logistics and customer service to ensure patient needs are met.
- Attend training on orphan drug products, haemophilia, oncology with subject matter experts. Complete training on the Learning Management System.
- Maintain the department KPIs and run the monthly hospital and client reports.
- Assist with daily checking of patient medication and ancillary orders, which involves working within the dispensary and within a temperature controlled environment (fridge unit).
- Partake in audits and regulatory inspections as required.
- Participate in clinical trials, in accordance with the standards of Good Clinical Practice. Responsibility for drug accountability and completion of dispensing logs and clinical trial documentation.
- Registered as a pharmacist with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland (mandatory)
- Hard working, positive and enthusiastic
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills, works well to deadlines for patients
- Attention to detail and a strict quality focus
- A good team player, with reliability and flexibility key requirements
- Good administration skills and computer skills, to include excel, word, and outlook
- Good communication and clinical skills with both patients and professional staff, excellent written and verbal English required