- Provide end-user support for PCs and Laptops; Hardware/Software Installation, testing and Support
- Test and Documentation of IT processes and issues; server backups
- Troubleshooting all hardware and system software issues. First line technical support providing an initial assessment of all incidents – both hardware and software.
- Immediate resolution of any incident when possible and escalation of incident when necessary
- Keeping affected customers informed about progress. Resolution confirmation and closure of incident.
- Ensuring the security and integrity of all systems and data though the implementation of appropriate backup, security, and disaster recovery procedures.
- Liaise with service providers to ensure timely resolution of issues and quality of service.
- A good level of knowledge and demonstrable experience of the following: Windows Server Administration, Active Directory, WAN/LAN configuration and administration, PC, Thin Client & Server hardware configuration and troubleshooting;
- Microsoft Exchange; TCP/IP troubleshooting
- Preferred skills – Symantec Backup Exec; AS400/I series knowledge; Wireless / RF technologies
- Ability to work effectively and co-operatively with other members of staff.
- Establish and maintain good working and interpersonal relationships with internal customers and suppliers
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task on a variety of activities
- Ability to deal with end-user issues in a patient and consistent manner
- Ability to determine the root cause of problems and to effect solutions
- Flexibility to travel to other group company locations for short periods if required