- Tender Document Control for each bid. Analyse drawings, specifications, tender addenda and all other documentation to ascertain what work elements need to be measured and priced for inclusion in the BoQ.
- File finalised documentation for future reference as per company filing structures.
- Be competent in Cost X estimation work practices for both 2D and 5D applications.
- Obtain quotation from the local market from vendors or subcontractors. Interrogating these quotations for scope gaps and variances and inputting correct figures into the bid.
- Liaise with construction team to obtain rates reflecting actual costs, and lessons learned from previous projects.
- Keep up to date with all tender addenda issued both pre-tender and post tender, and analyse all for change. Schedule these changes and apply rates for updated / revised tender bid submissions
- Demonstrate excellent time management of his / her time, to achieve tight deadlines. Time is of the essence in preparing BQ’s, so it is essential the candidate can demonstrate this competency.
- Provide support and training to junior staff
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying
- 5+ years’ experience in Quantity Surveying/Estimating role
- Data centre CSA commercial experience desirable.
- Competent in assessing Contract Documents and contract requirements
- Proven track record working on projects over €10-15m
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- High level of competency in BQ preparation and pricing.
- Travel: There will be a requirement to travel occasionally for day trip / overnight to attend client meetings, for both post and mid bid meeting requirements, when the need arises.
- Competent in the use of Cost X and
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)