- Responsible for the development of Children’s Disability Services in line with National Policy.
- A key aspect of this role involves liaising with stakeholders including HSE, CDNM’s, staff and families regarding the delivery of services.
- Using the key principles of the Progressing Disability Services for Children and Young People programme as a model of service which is based on family centred practice and interdisciplinary team working,
- The CDNM is the accountable and responsible person for ensuring the delivery of high quality, safe, integrated children’s disability services.
- A relevant professional qualification in Nursing or a Health and Social Care profession and where appropriate, have statutory registration or professional registration / accreditation
- The requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and management ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
- A minimum of five years post qualification work experience including three years working in or managing the delivery of children’s disability therapeutic services.